1. Project Description
The Association of Lebanese Industrialists (ALI), has received a grant from the EU, through the “Council for development & Reconstruction” (CDR)/ “Economic and Social Fund for development” (ESFD), to implement over a period of 2 years, a project aiming at supporting industries, along the Litani River to:
- become environmentally compliant, by bringing their effluent discharges towards compliance with the Environment national standards.
-optimize their operations, scale up and grow their businesses to sustain &/or create jobs.
In order to achieve the above objectives, ALI is looking to hire a Procurement officer as per below requirements:
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Procurement Officer will be in charge of implementing procurement activities for various ALI activities funded by the Grant contract signed with CDR/ESFD.
2. Scope of Work
- Participate in the preparation of procurement plans for ALI projects according to ALI’s or various Donor’s procedures and regulations;
- Manage and implement various phases of the procurement cycle;
- Conduct procurement processing steps such as short-listing, pre-bid conferences, technical evaluation, financial evaluation, writing evaluation reports to include recommendations of award, negotiations and preparation of final contract documents;
- Follow up on all procurement schedules and plans;
- Revise technical specifications and terms of reference and ensure their compliance with the requirements. Prepare related tender dossier;
- Carry out contract management operations in accordance with ALI/International donor regulations and procedures, and in accordance with public procurement regulations;
- Ensure that the objectives of contracts are met efficiently, effectively and economically.
- Oversee adherence to contractual administrative and technical provisions;
- Prepare regular reports in issues related to procurement;
- Apply tools for the market research for the support of the procurement decision making;
- Participate as an active member of various committees (shortlisting, evaluation and acceptance committees) for ALI’s projects;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as require
3. Institutional Arrangement
- The Procurement Officer will be working under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the project Manager.
4. Minimum Qualifications:
- Min. Academic Education: Bachelor’s Degree in commerce, business studies, public administration law, engineering or equivalent preferably in fields related to procurement or project management.
5. Min. years of relevant Work experience
- At least 5 years of general experience and 3 years of specific experience in the required field.
- Experience in the various phases of the procurement cycle including pre-project planning, project design, procurement planning, tendering, and contract management.
6. Required skills and competencies
- Knowledge of international procurement concepts, practices and principles;
- Problem solving and negotiations skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based environment;
- Excellent organizational and report writing skills;
- Strong computer skills; word processing and spreadsheet software experience required;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Required Language(s): Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic. Knowledge of French is a plus.
Kindly send your CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline For Submitting CVs 27/3/2022